Kerry and Rinat introduce the concept of aggregates and their importance to the design of distributed systems. Then, they describe another way to express the story of an aggregate, through the use of specifications and the testing of use cases.
Direct Download link: Episode 5 – Aggregating Stories – (69 minutes)
- CSharp developers: Several factory behaviors are missing from sample E005 that were in E004. Implement a few of these missing behaviors (methods) and create the specifications/unit tests for them.
- Other languages: First, take the pseudo test/specification framework in E005’s framework.cs file and reimplement it in your language. Then do the same assignment above but in your own language.
- Lokad User group
- DDD/CQRS Group
- Pat Helland’s – Life beyond Distributed Transactions (PDF)
- Behavior-driven development (BDD) – Given, When, Then
Sample Source Code and Documentation:
Feedback and Contacts:
- Feedback on current episode – in the comments to this episode post
- Discuss upcoming episodes – in trello
- General feedback – in UserVoice
- Being The Worst on twitter – @beingtheworst
- Kerry on twitter – @kcstreet
- Rinat on twitter – @abdullin
What do you think?